This week in the The Confident Ladies Club we discussed Faith and nurturing your faith in your busy life and business. Here are a few tips that have helped me:
- Identify a routine: My routine for years was reading my morning devotional and meditating and praying on it right when I got up in the morning. I felt so refreshed and ready to take on the world after taking in all of God's goodness. But recently, as my biz has grown my perspective has changed a bit things have changed....which goes into tip #2!
- Find a routine that is easy to stick to: I absolutely loved soaking in my morning devotions first thing, but the busier I got in my biz, it started to feel a bit rushed. I would get it done quickly so that I could move onto posting on IG and then on Facebook. I didn't like how this felt. I don't ever want to rush my special time with God. I also found that because I wake up so early every morning I would find myself a little sleepy mid afternoon and sometimes feeling a bit overwhelmed. I realized that I needed him more at this time than I did in the morning. I could feel the devotions I was reading speak to me even more in the afternoon than when I was super chipper in the morning and ready to take on the world!
- Lastly is Prayer: Now prayer is something I do ALL day long! When I am feeling a little overwhelmed I pray for peace. When I am feeling critical of myself I pray for patience. When I am feeling gratitude I pray a prayer of thanksgiving. Prayer doesn't have to be formal. Sometimes I say a quick prayer in the shower or in the car. It should be a constant conversation with God all day. Think of it like texting your significant other. You check in several times a day I'm sure. "How are you?" "Just thinking of you" "I'm excited about our date night next weekend" Make your prayers a constant conversation to help get you through every aspect of your day.
Now I know that not everyone in here considers themselves to be religious or spiritual. However, you can come up with a similar practice through gratitude. To sum it all up, commit to some type of practice to give you strength, peace, support, and continue nurturing your faith in the midst of your busy life and biz.
A few questions to leave you with to ponder this weekend:
- How important is nurturing your faith in your biz to you?
- How does your faith practice impact your biz?
- Do you have a specific verse, quote or mantra that provides comfort to you when things feel hard or scary?
I will share mine. I have this on the back of my business cards and keep it right by my computer screen so when I feel doubt creeping in I can redirect my thoughts...... ........If God is within her, she will not fail. Psalm 46:5 Shoot me an email and let me know if this was helpful and if you already incorporate faith into your biz or if you plan to in the future.
Have a happy & healthy day!