Over the last six weeks and next I will be sharing with you an inside look at year one of my business. I will be sharing the good, the bad, and everything in between. I will be giving my unfiltered views so you can see the reality of what it takes to create a profitable business in a year. I hope this series inspires you to take massive action and start making your dreams a reality. You’ve got this confident lady! Now, let’s dive in:
26. Your LIST SIZE does not dictate your success. I’m transparent with you ladies and I have just under 1000 on my list. I FILLED my programs with a waitlist when I only had 380 on my list (last spring). NUMBERS don’t matter, ENGAGEMENT matters. Ask yourself, “how ENGAGED are my followers?” So many women beat themselves up trying to “up their numbers”, but again, numbers only matter if they are engaged and invested numbers. It’s better to have a list of 50 invested people than a list of 200 with 15% engaged.
27. You don’t need to be EVERYWHERE. Pick 1-3 places you want to show up, commit to showing up, keep your word, and then show up! I see so many business owners getting overwhelmed with ALL the social media platforms. And you know what? IT IS overwhelming and why I don’t engage in them all either! I chose two to focus my energy on, stick with those, and then engage on the others if I feel like it time to time. For me my free Facebook community + Instagram are my babies! I nurture these platforms with all that I have, showing up consistently each and every day with some type of value to share. And engagement is pretty high because my time and energy stays focussed and not spread thin among 5-6 platforms like others attempt. Always keep it simple beauty!! That is the key to success in business.
28. Only commit to what you are going to do. If you say you hop on Facebook Live every Monday, I will lovingly tell you that you better be there unless something big happens! Show up to each and every thing you committed to showing up for. This helps grow your trust and authority significantly. If you say you’ll be going on air for a FB Live at 3pm and not show up without explanation, how could people trust you will deliver on what you say you’ll be delivering? The only time I ever had to cancel a client’s session was when I was taken to the ER by AMBULANCE. I text my coach while at the hospital and she reached out individually to my clients to let them know I would need to reschedule our calls. Easy tip to remember that will grow your credibility…...Just do what you say you are going to do and people will respect and trust you!
29. Under promise + OVER DELIVER. I ALWAYS leave things out on sales pages intentionally. I like to surprise my clients and add bonuses, send surprise love notes, throw in an extra group coaching session, etc. You want to WOW your clients and leave them on the edge of their seat while working with you! A coach I admire and have worked with did the exact same thing in her business! I walked away feeling so taken care of and even happier with the investment I had made to work with her. You want your clients to have the same experience. You want to sell them at the basic and then WOW them once they arrive through your doors. Ever stay at a hotel that just goes above and beyond with little touches? They usually aren’t HUGE things, maybe something as simple as milk and cookies before bed or a chocolate on your pillow, but these things leave us feeling taken care of.
30. No matter what you’re going through in business, believe there is a reason behind it. Are you slow with booking clients? Maybe this is a time you need to be working on yourself to better prepare you for those clients. Are you feeling overwhelmed with the amount of work you have and the little time available to do it? Maybe this means you are getting closer to hiring support in your business to help alleviate the burden. Month 12 + 13 in my business were actually just as challenging in many ways as months 1 + 2 were. Yes, I was making great money in my business, had a full roster of fabulous high achieving clients, but was really evaluating the way I run my business + life and how exactly I want it to look in the future. See year one was a lot of experimenting, trial and error, and working long hours to see it all come to fruition at the rate I desired. Months 12 + 13 God had different plans for me. He made it very clear he would be changing things in my business and of course, not making it super clear to me how! Until now :) Stay tuned next week for a bonus week of content and a big S U R P R I S E I will be launching May 2017!!!
What are your thoughts on these tips? Do any really hit home with you or confirm something you've been feeling for some time? I’d love to hear your feedback and even experience with this. Please share below in the comments. If you'd like even more support in your business, let's hop on a Discovery Call to talk about how I can help you meet your goals through some mindset coaching. Simply fill out this app and we will get your call in the books!