Hello Confident Lady,
Boy do I have a surprise for YOU! One year ago I did a series where I shared with you what it really takes to get into the "CEO Mindset" of a six figure business owner and I am bringing it back again! You know I am super transparent in all that I do and I'm sharing my wisdom to inspire you to take action in ways that ONLY feel good for you. Each Tuesday for the next two weeks, I will be sharing 5 insider tips on what it takes to run a profitable, sustainable and freedom living business. Ok let’s dive in:
21. That next thing isn't going to be what brings you success. What brings you success is what's already within. Many people don’t like to hear this, but as a Mindset Coach I must tell you the truth, even when it’s not fun to hear! Success truly is within and oftentimes I see women who have so much within, searching for external fixes for their businesses. A new website. New pictures. New branding. New copywriting. You get the picture. Although the above are important aspects of your business, remember my dear, when building a business, progress over perfection. Start somewhere with the basics, but don’t focus on the external so much (constantly tweaking, revising, redoing, etc.) UNTIL you have a full, thriving, and profitable business!! I did all my graphics and branding myself via Canva the first 15 months of business. I knew with time I’d want to change things and getting clients and earning an income were way more important than perfect looking graphics. Again, I could have fixated on that and let that hold me back from putting myself out there, but decided it would be an excuse to not actually get started.
22. Start before you’re ready. You will never be 100% ready and learn to be ok with this. Sit in the uncomfortable and get comfortable with it. Not sure if you heard me tell the story of how my launch date for this business was supposed to be January 1, 2016? Well this was a date I had set in my mind. I began working with a new coach end of September 2015 and verbalized this plan. She said “why not launch now?” Well I thought she was nuts because like yesterday’s topic, "all the things" were not yet perfect + pretty + put together. She had me do some soul searching to see if it really were “the things” or if it would be possible to just begin somewhere. Well I decided it was an excuse I had been making and if I wanted to play big I would be missing out on time by waiting a quarter of a year to launch. That day I decided "I will launch now." It was one of the most chaotic times of my life. Hubs and I had an income property flood, tenant displaced, and a whole lotta rebuilding and $$ we had to spend. We had a family trip coming up that was planned months before that we couldnt miss, so I decided, I will launch on VACATION! Was I 100% ready? Not at all!! Did I know that if I started before I was ready I could have a better chance at making income and impact sooner? Hell yes! So I launched on that vacation and God later showed me I did the right thing. He allowed all the pieces to come together so that those first 90 days, I was building up momentum and KTL. By January I was earning a decent income, and an income I wouldn’t have had if I didn’t start before I was ready.
23. There is no “secret formula”, “magic pill”, or “roadmap” to success. Entrepreneurship is NOT one size fits all. Just because a series of steps worked for someone else, doesnt mean it will work for you! I teach my clients this ALL the time. It’s about being confident in who you are, what you do, and how you want to deliver this. I see so many women feeling lost because program after program and coach after coach are telling them that they HAVE TO do it their way if they want to be successful and “their way” contradicts the other coaches “way”. This is why having an unshakable mindset and soaring confidence is C R U C I A L for your business to succeed. You have to take what you hear, but personalize it to what feels best for you. This is how I was able to grow my business so quickly year one because although I heard a handful of ways to succeed, I only did what felt 110% aligned with me, my values, and how I wanted my business to run. I learned early on that when i tried to do it other people’s ways I would fail and then wish I had just listened to what my inner guidance was telling me to do. Once I did it my way, BOOM, success.
24. Mindset is EVERYTHING. I truly believe your mindset dictates 90% of your outcome. I didn’t have all “the things” people would say I needed to grow a six figure business, but I made sure my mindset was consistently in check. And because I was completely aligned with my actions, intentional, and lit up about what I was doing, all the other things didn’t matter and I hit my goals. Business smarts can only get you so far in business. You can have an MBA, all the best training, biggest mentors, but if your mindset is not in the right place (in a place of winning), sadly, you will miserably fail. This should be INSPIRING for those of you who feel you may not have enough training or credentials. Yes, I have a Masters Degree, but did I need one to create my coaching business? Not at all!! What I needed was a passion, drive, commitment, and a relentless and focussed mindset. Just know, you DO NOT need all the things in order to succeed in business. All you need is to believe in yourself and your mission!
25. Consistency + Visibility = a profitable business. I tell people, all you LITERALLY have to do is show up every single day repeating your message over and over again, and you will get clients. Many say “it sounds too simple”. Yea it does sound too simple, but it WORKS. And even though it sounds simple, it’s not that simple. People are really good at learning new techniques, trying new things, however, most people are NOT good with consistently executing. They will implement a new strategy in their business for maybe a week or two, but then move on to the next when they don’t get the desired result. What matters most is what you do over and over again. What you’ve tried for at least 90 days and then stepped back and re evaluated. I made VERY little $$ my first 90 days of business. BUT me showing up each and every day providing valuable content built my following, grew my momentum, and eventually paid off nicely! You have to give things time. You have to commit to showing up over and over if you want to see a result. It’s not rocket science my dears. Show up each and every day for over 90 days and I guarantee you will begin to see some growth in your business!
Does any of this resonate with you? Comment below and let me know! If so and you think you might be ready to get some support with this, shoot an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to head on over to my YouTube channel to check out the video I did on this topic as well!
Blessings + Abundance,